Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Parker is 5!!!

Parker turned 5 on November 26th! I cannot believe it. Whenever one of my kids has a birthday, I always like to think about the day they were born and what I was thinking and feeling. It is so crazy to reflect and realize it has been 5 years ago. That was the day that I became a mother and I didn't realize at the time how my life would change. I am so glad that Parker is my son. He has brought so much joy and happiness to our life. He is like a little man now with his own opinions and thoughts. He is so considerate of others, especially Kamree. He is also learning a lot about the Gospel and his prayers are very cute to listen to. He is very into sports of all kinds and will sit and watch a whole Jazz game and not stop cheering. It's pretty cute to hear him say "Defense, Jazz or get the rebound!" He picked out the decorations for his cake and helped Brandon decorate it.
Parker had a small party with a few friends. Of course it was a sports theme so they played all sorts of games. His favorite game was when they had to shoot the basketball from different spots. We also had a party on Sunday with my family and he loves having them around. He always wants to get together with them.
Can you tell he is excited about opening his presents? That one was a Transformer and he absolutely loves it!
One tradition we have on birthdays is lunch at Applebee's with Aunt Jill. He especially loves when they sing and bring dessert.
The night before every birthday we blow up tons of balloons and put them all over their bedroom floor. They love it! Before Parker went to bed he even asked if we doing balloons and even though he knew we were he was still so excited when he woke and they were there. Parker also got to choose his favorite breakfast. I gave him tons of choices but he wanted a blueberry (Eggo) waffle with sprinkles and of course there had to be 5 candles in it. We had lunch with Aunt Jill and dinner at Panda Express, Parker's choice of course. Here are some of Parker's favorite things at age 5:
Favorite food: Mac and Cheese and anything chocolate
Favorite color: Blue and green
Favorite book: Fred the Firefighter and The Polar Express
Favorite t.v shows: Curious George and Sid the Science Kid
Favorite Movie: Cars, Polar Express and Peter Pan
Favorite Animal: Tiger
Favorite Song: Families Can Be Together Forever, Any music by Rascal Flatts
Favorite things to do: Play sports of anykind, especially basketball right now. He loves to play with Kamree and his friends. He also loves to color and draw.
We love you so much Parker and are so happy you are part of our family!

8 comments:

Erika said...

Happy Birthday Parker!

Cory and Becca said...

wow...that is crazy how old your little man is!!! I still remember when Cory and I came to the hospital to see you and the him when he was born!
Happy Birthday to Parker!

Brittoni said...

sounds like he had a fun filled day. By the way, your family pic on your header is sooo good. You guys are such a cute family. I can't believe he is FIVE!!! You are getting old, ha ha. Isn't it so fun to see your kids interact with eachother especially when it is in a loving way.

Jill said...

I'm so sad I missed his family birthday party. I can not believe that he is five. I remember just like it was yesterday waiting around all night for him to be born. I love that he is five now because he is a little man and so much fun to talk to!

Jill said...

I'm so sad I missed his family birthday party. I can not believe that he is five. I remember just like it was yesterday waiting around all night for him to be born. I love that he is five now because he is a little man and so much fun to talk to!

Amy said...

Wow, can you believe how fast time flies!? What a cute little boy! Your whole family is darling.

Katie said...

He is an adorable 5 year old! It looks like you had a fun filled day! We need to get our kids together, they have so much in common! Next time you are in Heber, let me know. We are also in Lehi quite a bit since my sister in laws live down there too.

Oh, and your family picture is so cute!

Lesa Hough said...

Happy Birthday Little Man. I remember when you were born. Seems like it wasn't that long ago :-)