Monday, February 25, 2008

It's a Boy!

On Wednesday the 20th, we went for our 20 week ultrasound. We decided to take Parker and Kamree with us and I'm so glad we did. It made things more exciting to say the least. Kamree has always said we are having a girl and Parker has said we are having a boy because "we already have a girl" (duh, mom). When they first started the ultrasound, Kamree kept saying "our baby is so cute" over and over. Parker on the other hand said "It's kind of freaky. It looks like a hippopotamus." Very different perspectives but I had to agree with them both. The baby was very active, and Parker said "Mom, it looks like the baby is rocking out in there." Then came the moment of truth...as you can see by the picture, there is no doubt that it is a boy. Parker got a big smile and said, "I told you I was right." Kamree kept saying, "no, it's a girl". The ultrasound tech kept laughing and saying she had never has such a strong reaction from such a young child. After we left the ultrasound room, everyone kept asking us what we were having and Kamree kept saying that is was a girl. Finally, as we were leaving, the receptionist asked what we were having and Kamree said "A boy-girl". The receptionist started laughing and then Kamree said "I just teasing, it's a boy!" We all started cracking up....what a cute sense of humor this girl has. She is happy now and is just excited that "our baby" is coming. It was such a wonderful experience to share as a family. I love that my kids are old enough to enjoy this with us. We are so blessed and the baby looks healthy and great! We're excited (and a little scared) for #3!

7 comments:

Anne said...

Congratulations Steph, Brandon, Parker and Kamree!!! That's so exciting for you. We'll look forward to meeting the next cute little Wood family member.

Week 20 already? You look GREAT!

The Mecham Family said...

Congrats on your boy!! Yeah for Parker! Boo for Kamree!
So yea, JCPenney had some cute stuff, the best sales were with the toddler stuff, but Shyler is now wearing a size 6!!! So I no longer get to shop for her in that section...the boy stuff was eh...but the baby boy stuff (for your new little one) was super cute.. Yes, we should go sometime! I hardly ever shop, but maybe this summer! I'll call ya for sure! Or maybe even a Saturday play date again!!

The Elliott's said...

Steph,

Congratulations! I am so excited for you. Seems like everyone is having boys this time around.

Jules

A said...

Steph! THe pic's are so cute! Parker makes me laugh, once again! He always says the cutest things... and cute lil Kamree- she really does have a lil sense of humor. I am so happy to be able to see the pic's. I love blogging..I get to keep in touch even though I NEVER get to see you! I hope you are feeling better

Tiffany :) said...

Hey Steph im so excited i cant wait....when are you due???

Lesa Hough said...

Congrats Steph! It is fun to hear that you are having a boy.

Lauren Perry said...

CONGRATS!!! Does he have a name yet?
Hey-we are going private on our blog now :) I need your email addy so that I can add you to my list! email me at wattybutt@hotmail.com (I am going to be deleting this email addy this week- so do it soon!)