Thursday, March 20, 2008

"Daughter Date"

My little Tinkerbell
Kamree was a little surprised and scared of the fire breathing dragon

Brandon and I decided our kids needed some one-on-one time with us so we decided it was time to take our kids out for special "dates". My sister Jill invited us to Princess on Ice and I thought this would be the perfect thing. All week long I was telling Kamree about our Mother-Daughter date and she was super excited. Every day she would wake up and say "Is it Daughter date today?" I heard that the little girls dressed up for this so we hit Target on Friday to find the perfect dress-up. Kamree picked Tinkerbell, probably because she has watched Peter Pan quite a bit since it is one of Parker's favorites. Saturday Jill came and we were lucky enough to have tickets for a private suite equipped with every kids favorite things...chicken strips, goldfish crackers, m&ms and jelly beans. She loved the food but once the show started she was in awe. I thought she would like it, but she absolutely loved it! It was so fun to spend time with my little girl and my sister. I think we have definately started a tradition. Now all we need is Jill to have a girl of her own to bring with us next time!


3 comments:

Anne said...

We are so jealous Steph! What a fun day and a perfect daughter date. Kamree is so cute in her Tink dress up.

The Mecham Family said...

the special dates with your kids sounded so fun! And the two of them are so adorable, I can't wait to see your third!!

Jill said...

I loved the daughter date. We will for sure have to make it a tradition even if I don't end up having a girl!