Sunday, April 13, 2008

Viva Las Vegas

Last Sunday Brandon and I left on our kid-free trip. We went to Mesquite for a day and Brandon golfed, I read a book and drove the cart, we went to the movies and enjoyed the nice, warm weather. Then it was off to Las Vegas. First things first, we had to stop for lunch at In-and-Out. Then we went to the hotel spa and had an amazing massage, had a wonderful dinner and saw the Blue Man Group (there are so many shows in Vegas but this one was great and we knew it would be PG). The next day we did some shopping, relaxed, had lunch at In-and-Out again, some more shopping, and had dinner at the Cheescake Factory (another one of our favs). I think I gained some weight from all the eating, especially the ice cream and gelato stops we made twice a day. We had fun just being together and spending some quality time. As for the kids, they had the time of their life with grandma and grandpa just like I knew they would. They saw "Horton Hears a Who", went to the Kangaroo Zoo, Dairy Keen and all of their favorites. A huge thanks to my parents who love spending time with their grandkids more than anything else in this world! Oh-I did take the camera to Vegas but it's a new camera and I didn't charge it right so it wasn't working :(

1 comment:

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

I can't believe you came all this way, and didn't even call us! That's alright, we understand...it's a little maddening down here...hope it was a nice break away for you guys!