Thursday, May 22, 2008

Kamree Update

It's been so long since I've posted but I just wanted to show a few pics of Kamree and her healing process and process is definately the word to describe it. The doctor has always made sure we knew that things would look worse before they look better. This is a picture 5 days after her surgery. It looks pretty raw but that is just how it's supposed to look. Dermabrasion is similar to having sandpaper rubbed on your face.


This picture is about a week after her surgery. After is scabbed over it started changing and healing so fast. Kamree has been so good about not touching it. At this point, she was not supposed to go out in the sun and she was so cute about it. She would say "I can go in the sun when I'm all healed up, huh mom!" She has been a trooper. I think starting this whole thing at her young age has worked in our favor. We just love her and think she is beautiful. I have never really talked about my feelings through this whole thing. It was a surprise when she was born with her mole but we knew we would do what we could to get it removed and move forward. This has been quite the process but I just want for her what every mother wants for their little girl. I want her to be happy and to not be hindered by this in any way. It breaks my heart sometimes thinking that she will grow up in a world that is so hard on girls and on their self-image. Brand and I just want the best for her and hope she knows that she is so loved. I just worry sometimes but she has been blessed with an amazing spirit and personality and I know that she will have a wonderful life!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I know what you mean about the wordly self-image. She is beautiful. Plus she will have the knowledge about being a daughter of a King, so she will have that deeper self-worth. I wish I could know her better. You guys are great parents to your children.
And your belly is so cute! Too bad I never am cute when I am pregnant.:)