Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July!!!!

4th of July was all about fun with the kiddos. We slept at my parents house Thursday night so Brandon could get up bright and early to golf with my dad and brother. My mom and I took the kids to ride the carousel in Midway and to breakfast. Parker got a fishing pole and Spiderman tackle box for Christmas from Grandma and Grandpa and was dying to try it out. When the boys were finished golfing off we went to the fishing pond.
Parker was so excited to reel in his first catch with Grandpa close by to help.
Proud fisherman with his first catch of the day!!!
Grandpa told Kamree to give the fish a kiss....she almost did it!!!
Kamree's favorite thing was feeding the ducks. She would scream at them to come eat the bread and then crack up when they did. She could have gone on for hours.

Parker and dad caught the biggest fish of the day! He keeps talking about how he caught the "biggest fish ever". He also keeps saying how great a fisherman Grandpa is and he is right. This is just the beginning of many fishing adventures to come. We cooked the fish last night and Parker wanted nothing to do with it and Kamree kept asking for more (I'm with Parker). After fishing and fun at the playground it was time to head for home. I have no more pictures of the day but we had so much fun. We went to the neighbors for treats and fireworks. The kids loved picking out which fireworks to set off next. It was a long and fun filled day! We LOVE the 4th of July!

3 comments:

A said...

What a fun time... I can't believe you actually cooked the fish. I would NEVER... YUCK! I love the pic of Kamree standing there watching with her little hands down her pants :)

The Mecham Family said...

Wow! You've posted so much since I was last on! All the pics are adorable. You have the sweetest kids, and I know Easton will be just as sweet! Jill tells me Friday is the day! Can't wait to see him!!

Jill said...

I love the biggest fish ever! What a catch. He is so dang sweet.